Monday, January 24, 2011

I, without a doubt, adore these two lines of literature!

To Be or Not To Be
To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And by opposing end them. To die—to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to: 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep, perchance to dream—ay, there's the rub:
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause—there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life.
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
Th'oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of dispriz'd love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office, and the spurns
That patient merit of th'unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? Who would fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscovere'd country, from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprises of great pitch and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry
And lose the name of action.

-MacBeth, William Shakespeare

The Road Not Taken
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
and sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
and looked down one as far as I could
to where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
and having perhaps the better claim
because it was grassy and wanted wear;
though as for that, the passing there
had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
in leaves no feet had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference
-Robert Frost




Do you have any favorites? :3


13 comments:

  1. To kill or not to kill, that is the question.

    Errrr, hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Violent much, becky? JK! X]


    *sigh*
    That comment needs to be removed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh*
    Anonymous, honestly, I don't get your point of being on my blog. You obvioulsy have no respect for me, so why are you here?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skip....You might wanna disable Anon comments on the setting tab,will keep this away >.<

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your right Cooklez.
    I'm gonna do that...
    Sorry Ana! I just don't like the anonymous person. :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh bloody shittttte... I kinda loves Bill Joe Armstrong too, from Green Day, he's really beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol, thank you bex! I deleted a lot of their comments though, they used language that I don't want to repeat.

    And, I love Billie Joe Armstrong! <3 Him, Tyson Ritter, Christofer Drew Ingle, and Gerard Way. ^.^ <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes,thanks Beth,you probably made them even madder.

    *mumbles bad stuff under breath*

    Skip said she didn't want a fight,and now...watch what your going to stir up

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh snap.
    I hadn't thought of that....
    O.O
    I really don't want a fight.. :/

    ReplyDelete